Behold the mighty Liebherr T 282B dump truck! It is one of the two or three largest dump trucks in production. By many measures, it’s the largest dump truck in the world. The Leibherr T 282B is 14.55 metter long (48 feet), 8.7 meters wide (29 feet) and stands 7.4 meters tall—a towering 24 feet! … Read more
- What the World’s Largest Dump Truck Can Tell Us About the Physics of the Sun
- Natural History Books-”The Shark and the Jellyfish” and “Dawn Light”
- The Size and Scale of the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- Megalodon Shark Demands Rematch with Predator X and “Moby Dick” Sperm Whale!
- Does prehistoric “Moby Dick” sperm whale dethrone the mighty Predator X?
Search Goodheart’s Extreme Science
“…the only home we’ve ever known.” Carl Sagan
Welcome to my other blogs!
At this blog, I celebrate the natural beauty of Berkeley and its local environs—the landscape, the climate, the weather, the animals, plants, the geology, and the ecosystem of the Berkeley Hills area. Because of my background as a science writer and editor, I bring the eyes of science as well as the eyes of love to what I write about.
I am convinced that anyone can be helped and even healed by the power of loving-kindness, called metta, or maitri, in Buddhism. And while I hope to share what I’ve learned in the Buddhist practice of metta, clearly, one doesn’t have to be a Buddhist to practice love! The power of loving-kindness transcends all belief or non-belief in God, Christ, Buddha, or Brahma and can be found in people of every faith, as well as those of no faith, but just a good heart. Happily, the innate goodness and potential to love in every human heart are greater than any belief or disbelief the human mind may hold!.