As readers of my Extreme Science blog know, I try to bring to people’s attention the environmental disaster Earth’s ocean’s face if humanity doesn’t radically change its relationship to our planet. Here are some past posts on the subject: We’re Killing Our Oceans Global Warming and the Loss of Earth’s Coral Reefs The Moral Math … Continue reading
- What the World’s Largest Dump Truck Can Tell Us About the Physics of the Sun
- Natural History Books-“The Shark and the Jellyfish” and “Dawn Light”
- The Size and Scale of the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- Megalodon Shark Demands Rematch with Predator X and “Moby Dick” Sperm Whale!
- Does prehistoric “Moby Dick” sperm whale dethrone the mighty Predator X?
Search Goodheart’s Extreme Science
“…the only home we’ve ever known.” Carl Sagan
Welcome to my other blogs!
At this blog, I celebrate the natural beauty of Berkeley and its local environs—the landscape, the climate, the weather, the animals, plants, the geology, and the ecosystem of the Berkeley Hills area. Because of my background as a science writer and editor, I bring the eyes of science as well as the eyes of love to what I write about.
I am convinced that anyone can be helped and even healed by the power of loving-kindness, called metta, or maitri, in Buddhism. And while I hope to share what I’ve learned in the Buddhist practice of metta, clearly, one doesn’t have to be a Buddhist to practice love! The power of loving-kindness transcends all belief or non-belief in God, Christ, Buddha, or Brahma and can be found in people of every faith, as well as those of no faith, but just a good heart. Happily, the innate goodness and potential to love in every human heart are greater than any belief or disbelief the human mind may hold!.